Continued from my last post
(10) Now that the project has reached its climax, the extensive caution we have thus far employed may be relaxed in one of its elements.
(11) We have been calling Oxadrenals great antagonist “Antipollus.” But his true name is Alexandros.*
(12) NOTE: Though Oxadrenals is in conflict with Alexandros, this does not mean that Alexandros is evil. Oxadrenals himself does not regard him as such. There are many sides to this matter. It is a classic conflict of competing goods. Oxadrenals has taken a position, but he respects that of his antagonist.
(13) But Alexandros is implacably opposed to physical immortality for mortals.
(14) Thus the stakes in this final crisis are very high.
(15) There may be a battle.
(16) Oxadrenals himself is not sure he will survive. — Stephen
*Oxadrenals” is an anagram of “Alexandros.” This is another example of the remarkable gifts at word play possessed by our esteemed Hafeem colleague. For not only does it directly mock Alexandros, it is also a pun: The adrenals of oxen are used in Taoist medicine to lengthen life.