Selling your soul in your sleep

By Flyss. September 14th, 2010

Someone visited me too. Unlike Kate, I wasn’t entirely charmed. But I _am_ interested.

They’ve offered to bring me and Strattera on a tour of their current home in Santa Clara. But, as I say, I’m not fully charmed. And, out of stubborn pride, I refuse to let them derail my reading of this narrative. So, please pardon me as I leave that no doubt interesting subject aside, and continue to talk about what I’m reading!

Bubbled up safe in the new BMW, drove on a long black highway west. The sky was clear, but high mountains in the distance wore their own private clouds. Yellow signs every couple of miles said, ‘Watch for eagles on the road.’ I’d never traveled west of Colorado before.

In installment 6 of The Mortal Janice, they drive down Highway 50 toward Ely, Nevada. As they go drive, we learn a lot about Blair’s history, including what happened when he first noticed that he wasn’t aging, how he came to believe that he’d unconsciously sold his soul to the devil, and how Saul rescued him and became his mentor. Also, we discover the origin of the vampire-in-the-coffin legend. (Yeah, Janice herself is skeptical about that last part.) There’s a lot more in it too, but overall it’s a respite from the intensity just before.

Some of this installment will mean a lot more to people who’ve read rather than skipped Narrative 2, The Hafeem Saul. I really recommend reading that, by the way. It’s much slower, but once you adapt it’s wonderful. — Flyss

“P.S. Yes, I’m in shock at being visited by a rep from the Immortal Illuminati. But I refuse to give them the satisfaction of showing it. Yet.”

You don’t have to show it – you’ve just admitted it here, on a website that they have found and demonstrated a complete familiarity with. Besides which, I’d bet your body language during the meeting told them everything they wanted to know.

When I say they are completely familiar with this site, I’m saying they probably even know my real name and address (yes, “Merlin” is a nom de plume). And they have connected my listed email address with the book I published under THAT name, too.

Pardon me for saying this, but it seems like you’re saying here that you can’t read & travel at the same time….like you can’t go to S.C. because you want to continue reading the narrative.

I find that strange, because if they’ve found you then they’ve found the narrative too Which means if you go with them on a tour, you would still be able to check in on the narrative from there. Also, the internet is everywhere. You could literally check in from your hotel if you wished…Perhaps, you were just trying to give an excuse to your fears? I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t be so keen to just follow along after one brief encounter either.

If you did take the tour, it would give you a chance to see things from the flip side of the coin, though. That is if it’s not a trap.

Observer: I didn’t mean literally that I couldn’t do both! I meant that I didn’t plan to stop talking about the narrative on this blog and turn to talking about _them_ only, which is a temptation for sure, but I don’t want to give them that satisfaction.

Merlin: So far as we can tell, they don’t have access to the inner workings of the blog — they can’t see IP addresses or read your private emails to us. Stephen set up the security, and he’s _good_.

I suppose they could break into our houses and steal our computers, but they don’t seem to work like that. They’re suave and refined.

they will probably do that later… take away your computers. right now they have to work gently on you… it’s about giving them your trust first…

don’t look them in the eye and if you did you got screwed somewhat not realising it.
    There’s a technique used within the seekret guv, where they can look at you with their eyes, and they can read into your mind’s images or project something they want you to perceive or cast some of hypnotic influence on you!

if i were in their shoes… i’ll come to your home and probably stick a spy device: a tiny chip or something outside your home or inside your house… somewhere. Then big brother has total access into your lives!.

Who’s to say said device isn’t already implanted somewhere in your home? In all of our homes for that matter? O.o