Taking Blair’s tissue to the underground lab

By Stephen. September 25th, 2010

Narrative 4 is now fully posted. At its end, Francine and Menniss are carrying Blair’s tissue sample (the “Sliver of Immortality”) to an underground lab.

This is the same laboratory where, nine months later, the sequencing countdown has currently advanced to 80% completion. See The Immortality Project. – Stephen

I had an interesting thought today. Even if the “indefinite life extension” became universally available, it would seem to me that many mortals would opt out. Simply put, the majority of dominant religions teach that this lifetime is nothing, and death is necessary and desirable to reach the greatest possible reward. Whether it be eternal life in a city of gold, or life on a cloud, or bliss with 70 virgins – it’s not here, or even on earth. A great many Christians I know would even loudly proclaim that eternal life on this planet would be a blasphemy.

At the very best, I think it would cause a major crisis of faith for them, though some might eschew their faith for the choice to live a few thousand years or more. Personally, I have a more gnostic type of belief, but I wonder what the members of the Illuminati mostly choose to believe – or are they as split and varied as we mortals are, even on this?

Some of this was discussed in Narrative 2. Remember Dr. Pierce in the nursing home? He thought the whole idea was blasphemous. But he had trouble saying that he preferred Beatrice to die of ovarian cancer to being rescued by the healing power of immortality. He also didn’t seem to object to the fact that medicine already prolongs life; that he, personally, was older than three score and ten.

When push comes to shove, would people really turn immortality down? If not for themselves, wouldn’t they want it for those they love?

However, in any case, those who turned it down would die while those who accepted would live forever. Wouldn’t this be a form of natural selection?

Regarding the spiritual beliefs of the Illuminati, perhaps Soraya will speak to us on the subject.

So humanity can have immortality? What kind of immortality, one where we all have no freedom of thought or expression? You have already let it be known that some members of the immortals expect a certain amount respect. Respect is a two street. I can’t wait till they grant us immortality and wait for the eventual boredom of showing the higher ups the respect they demand. You have already displayed a strong tendency toward leveraging the proper respect toward thr immortals. Imangine the leverage after a 1000 years. I see a draconian atmosphere developing, if you can’t take free expression now, you positively want like it when you are immortal.
    What is the expression, “I would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven”.

• Flyss says:

Hey, Bob, don’t go overboard. Just because we have certain standards on this blog doesn’t equate to lack of freedom of thought! I think and say all kinds of things I don’t write here.

• Flyss says:

“I would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.” It was actually Satan who said that. :-) (In Paradise Lost)

But I don’t really think you and I disagree. Personally. I have grave doubts about the Immortal Illuminati. I certainly don;’t think they are owed any automatic deference. A certain amount of caution not to piss them off, though. You might have no respect for the police, but when an officer stops you to give you a ticket you probably pretty much do what he says. Right? We’ve been visited personally by the Illuminati. It’s slightly scary. Make sense?

Still, we’re not actually being subservient; What we are +supporting+ is entirely contrary to what they want. (The Immortality Project.)

The Eldest is a different kettle of fish, though. I met her. She blew me away. She didn’t demand respect: I gave it to her freely. This blog is like my home. If someone came into your home, would you let them insult someone you deeply admire? — Flyss

Right wing christians destroyed the lab? Wow isn’t that a demeaning presumtion. It could have easily been the left wing gays, or some other left wing radical group like the weathermen of the 60′s.
    I think that is an inappropiate remark, could be a little demeaning.

• Flyss says:

Bob: it wasn’t stated as fact — just as Francine’s reaction. She’s already shown that she’s a bit of a left wing nut job.

Ok I will be more polite. But eventually Bill Mauler will find out and it’s a different game.

I thought that the expression was mentioned in Star Trek by Kahn to Kirk.

Via the magic of Google

“Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.”
      – Paradise Lost, Book 1, line 263, 1667 (Satan is speaking.)

“Khan: Have you ever read Milton, Captain?
      Kirk: Yes. I understand. … The statement Lucifer made when he fell into the pit: ‘It is better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.’”

“Space Seed”, episode of Star Trek, 1967 [tricentennial of Paradise Lost

5. Jimmy says:

What offer of proof do the authors of this website present. If there is some, then it should be shown as globally as possible. If the “illuminati” don’t want it, I’m sure “they” could stop it.