Waiting is Not an Option

By ObservingAll. October 10th, 2010

Narrative 7. The Hospice

16. Waiting is not an Option

Hard to wait for the next segment after the revelations in this one. I’m keeping a browser window open to this narrative just to keep the refresh going as fast as possible. I want to know if Janice is alright!

2. K'Rhiya says:

Now i wonder who is playing GOD now? Though it would be easy to put the gene/retrovirus into the current flu vaccination supply. Mass experimentation at it’s best. Chance my left hind leg.

• Observer says:

That might actually be true, somewhat. There can be many complications that can arise from using a retrovirus. It would be a safe bet that not all would survive should it be made into a mass supply like that.

• Oxadrenals says:

You have a left hind leg?

3. K'Rhiya says:

I have two. One to walk on and one to kick with.

I don’t know if taking short cuts to achieve immortality will inevitably work…. Francine is right… it’s gota be tested in something first.. like the furry ones before it gets tested in humans first!

5. K'Rhiya says:

Observer- They might consider it a way of population control, with the survivors being immortal and maybe more controllable.

But, if it worked – can you imagine a True Immortal dog? Or cat? Who’s going to take care of it – only True Immortals could.

• Oxadrenals says:

I know you already fessed up to not being a biologist, but a a retrovirus for humans wouldn’t work in doggies. :-)

7. K'Rhiya says:

Merlin- Unless it causes a mutant gene within the animals DNA to go haywire.

8. C says:

where can you get retro viruses from? do they have to bred and cultured from petri dishes…

• MolecularBioProf says:

Human therapeutic retroviruses are widely available in any molecular biology laboratory at any major university in the US. There’s no security around them either. I had a post-doc the other year who I had to fire, and I was seriously afraid for awhile that he was going to take a batch home and give them to Al qaeda

• C says:

thanks… the question i was trying to ask is… where do they come from? are they from dead/live people’s diseases? are they also from the vaccinations , we take?

• MolecularBioProf says:

They’re made from scratch. These days, one can take a printed genetic code and assemble it into a virus. It’s become easy. (Some colleagues of mine in Australia assembled smallpox from the published genetic code. Not secretly. It was published in a major journal.)

9. K'Rhiya says:

Ox- Another reason i am so cynical is because of the life i have had to live and seeing the cruelty of the world around me. Like here if you not in the “clique” you just don’t exist. That rather pisses me off. But oh well, the sun shall rise and set like any other day, and i shall be here to witness it.

10. MolecularBioProf says:

Are you immortal?

11. K'Rhiya says:

Mole, that is a rather personal question. But no, I do not believe I am an immortal, because anything that can be killed isn’t immortal at all.