So intensely beautiful.

By Oxadrenals. October 14th, 2010

The latest update by Janice is so intensely beautiful I’m reproducing most of it here:
____________________

Rembrandt’s paintings don’t just show faces.  They bring out what’s behind the face; they show thoughts and feelings; they show souls.  Other painters do that too, but I think Rembrandt’s the best, especially for old people.  And Leyla was really, really old.  She had big white cataracts across both eyes and swollen legs and blue lips, but the main thing was the wrinkles.  Like when they put an old Native American on the cover of National Geographic and all you can do is stare at the wrinkles and see stories?  Leyla had lived three and a half thousand years, give or take, and her wrinkles were Grand Canyon deep with stories. So deep you could go backpacking in them.

I wandered around inside those wrinkles.  I got lost in them.  I was still lost when Carol took Francine’s hands and helped her slide the needle into Leyla’s vein.  Francine’s hands shook and Carol said something encouraging, and Francine got her courage up and pushed the plunger in.  And the wrinkles filled right up with so much gratitude I nearly drowned.

I don’t mean tears of gratitude, because I don’t think Leyla’s eyes could make tears any more, but oceans anyway, gratitude enough to drown Baehl’s whole underground.  I escaped drowning and just bathed in it.  Bathed in showers of luscious gratitude.

At first, Francine didn’t know how to let it in.  She kept her eyes on the hypodermic, pretending she was doing a biology experiment, and she kept her mind on the virus instead of on Leyla.  And so Leyla turned her almost blind eyes up toward me.

Her whited-out eyes had tiny black dots in the center and, even though they were tiny, you could see through them.  They shot out tons of gratitude rays, but I dived through the rays and looked inside Leyla.

I saw lots of things.

I saw the instant, the very instant, when a decrepit hugely old person on the edge of death turned back from the edge.  Like getting baptized, her physical sins washed away.  Even though I wasn’t old, I’d been brought back from the dead too and I understood.  It wouldn’t show for a long time but I saw it starting.

And I another thing I saw, it so entirely needed a Rembrandt.  (Afterwards I asked around hoping maybe Rembrandt had been a Hafeem and he was down here, but no luck.)

So here’s what I saw without him to help me:  It’s complicated.  You might think resurrection is pure joy, but not for Leyla.  A sad part came along too, and it took her by surprise.  She definitely wanted to live and not die.  That’s why she was here.  But another part of her had different ideas.

Supposedly, old people come to accept death.  Ordinary old people, I mean, when they get to be eighty or ninety.  Leyla was like someone eighty or ninety only she was a Hafeem, so it was thousands of years and she would have had centuries at least to work on accepting.  And she’d done it.  Some part of her had, anyway.  At some level, Leyla had opened up to death, embraced it, even.  And now she had to let go of her acceptance and take up life again just when she thought she was done with it.  It hurt.

She was staring at me, and I thought maybe she was seeing herself young, remembering when she was the hottest chick in Athens.  And she was about to become that hot young chick again whether she wanted to or not.

1. K'Rhiya says:

How does one bid farewell to Death when he is at your door? Simply turn around and walk away from the door. If only that could have been done for my mother.

Janice, you could very well be a famous soulful writer if this whole story gets published… and make some income out of it, if you could. I’m not sure if the gov will be happy to hear you’re an immortal now

she sounds like a real fighter, if she has hung on for that long… some old people just totally give up and know it’s time to leave…and not able to cheat death !

Please it was not that great, a little boring and heavy on drama.
    I got lost on wrinkles? I would get lost if some of these folks talked about the history they lived and witnessed. Adding insight into the great events, like my grandma talking about the great depression or WW2. So far we have sparse little discussion of history from these wrinkles only concern about past and future sexual prowness.

Some of these clowns knew Hitler, Stalin, Napolean, Jesus, Einstein, the Rothchilds, Rhodes, etc, but we don’t hear shit about none of that.
    I got pissed after I read this, what a waste, you got the wrong person talking to these guys, a great source of history is being squnaderd by Janet and her bipolar fixations.

5. Strattera says:

Yes, Janice does have her own interests, and world history doesn’t seem to be high on the list. History is high on my list, however, and I carried out a number of in-depth interviews while I was among the Illuminati.

But, Bob, with all respect, you may in fact be a knowledgeable, thoughtful person, but your posture of shallow, reflexive contempt suggests the opposite. Why would anyone want to intellectually engage with you, given how you present yourself?

• Bob says:

So if I disagree with your views and ideas, and if I any way imply that you and your group have dropped the ball, you accuse me of being shallow reflexive contempt. It is you and your other friends who are shallow and very reflexive in your contempt of others who see the world in a more realistic light.

I have been constantly attacked for pointing out with extreme clarity that the illuminati by their admission are linked to some of the greatest crimes in recent history. I really don’t care if you consider me refexive in my contempt. I and other civilized mortal humans would like to see these bastards brought to justice, but you’re right it is a refelexive contempt, even for the almighty elder. I am sure I will be banned again for my refelx. Freedom……..

• SonataH says:

You seem to forget that some of the greatest minds in history were Nazi scientist and that the US government allowed them to live and work for them without being tried for their involvement during WWII. If they had been tried and executed, most of the amenities of daily life wouldn’t exist right now.

• Observer says:

Is it possible to hear about some of those interviews? Maybe you could make a post(s) about what they said?

(I’m sure some of their responses were probably filled with propaganda, but it might still be interesting regardless.)